Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Christmas Memories

I thought I would drive out to Cabela's in the west end of town; it's about a 30-minute drive when the traffic is good. It's dog-friendly and has a nice fireplace that makes it a good place to take Christmas pictures with the dogs. I hadn't been there since I took Beckett and Keltic in Dec 2019.


The picture above was taken on 17 Dec 2019. How was I to know that just six days later I would let Beckett go.

Unfortunately, this year, the fireplace was blocked off by the tree and a table so I couldn't recreate the photoshoot.  We did get some decent shots in front of the tree and in Santa's workshop. Santa wasn't there though, probably a good thing.  I had thought to get both Teddy and Liam in the chair at the same time, but I don't think it was quite big enough and it was a rocker.


Liam did quite a bit of sniffing and barking at the reindeer. I'm quite sure he thought at first it was real. 
We did manage to get a few photos with the Christmas tree with the fireplace in behind. 

I don't know what it is about going into stores, but Teddy and Liam are avid shoppers. They really seem to like wandering around and sniffing everything. I did buy them some more Christmas gifts while we were there.

I think Cabela's must hire the most dog-friendly staff; one staff member even took their picture that he said he was going to post to Facebook.  I got lots of compliments about how well behaved the dogs were, while all the time I was telling them, don't pee.

So, while I couldn't recreate the 2019 photo, we did make some new Christmas memories. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun outing. Glad they behaved themselves! I'm sure it made the work day better for everyone who works there. Dogs are good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Christmas shots and I love the two of you in the rocking chair with Santa's reindeer nearby.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.