Sunday, June 27, 2021

Keltic's Tribute

Keltic

17 March 2012 - 25 May 2021

So yesterday I wrote Keltic's tribute to post on the web site In Memory of Pets.  The words didn't come and I'm not happy with what I wrote, perhaps someday I'll find more fitting words to describe Keltic.  

He was a character, a dichotomy if there ever was one. He was aloof but clingy, boisterous and energetic even frantic at times but he also could be calm, he was vocal but could be quiet too. I just couldn't find the words to express that uniqueness. 






 "Keltic, my character, my clown;

Was there anything that could make you frown?

Loudly making your presence known; always putting forward your very best,

Your life, so full of energy and zest,

You should still be chasing squirrels and playing agility with me,

Sadly though it wasn’t to be,

Your life cut far too short;

I hope that together we made the most of the time you had.

Often I called you the “bad son”;

Maybe you were mischievous at times, but you were a really good boy, a good son!

I miss you, what I wouldn’t give to hear once more you barking at me!

Love Momma, Teddy and Liam miss you too!"





5 comments:

  1. Loved this post and you did very well even explaining "bad" but that he was always your good boy and beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote a beautiful post. It is hard to write what is in our hearts when they are so close. After all this time I still can't find the right words about Bailey, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keltic was a beauty, and your tribute showed how much you loved him. so sorry for your loss.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. He loved you. You loved him and gave him a wonderful life and as easy a trip over the bridge as you could. In the end thst is all thst matters. This post was perfect describing your boy who was so many things all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard sometimes to find the words that are in your heart but you did a wonderful job, Miss Helen, and Keltic had a wonderful life with you and his Sheltie brothers even though it wasn't long enough.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.