Friday, May 13, 2011

I'll Be Missing You!


Every step I take
Every move I make
Every single day
Every time I pray
I'll be missing you
Thinking of the day
When you went away
What a life to take
What a bond to break
I'll be missing you

It's kinda hard with you not around
Know you're in Heaven smilin' down
Watching us while we pray for you
Everyday I think of you
Till the day we meet again
In my heart is where I keep you friend

  
The first anniversary of Ceilidh's passing is fast approaching.  On 26 May 2011, the anniversary of her passing, I'll be driving to the AAC Agility Regionals with Beckett. I was going to wait until closer to the anniversary to do this post but events here this week brought memories and emotions of those last days close to the surface.

This week brought the unexpected loss of two wonderful dogs from our agility community: Reisling, a seven year old doberman and Chase, a bi black Sheltie. Both dogs passed over to the Bridge on Wednesday, 11 May 2011.  Riesling passed away in the Alta Vista Animal Hospital ICU where she had been since the Friday before. Chase passed away inexplicably at home while his family was away at school and work.


Chase

Riesling


5 comments:

  1. Sending cyber hugs to you Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sad time... Life can be so very unfair. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrible thing and I'm sorry that they happened so close to a sad time for you to remind you of it. :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceilidh, Riesling, and Chase had wonderful families and the best of care. They touched so many lives, I feel honoured to have known them... Little Ceilidh's circles still make me smile....

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these dogs were wonderful and were so loved....I still miss seeing Ceilidh. She was such a beautiful girl, a dog to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.