Friday, May 20, 2016

Flower Friday


My bleeding heart (dangling heart), this is something I planted. I think it loves this location. It's at it peak right now; it gets kind of tired looking after the summer heat gets to it.

Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart
 I'm not much of a gardener, I've dug up a lot of what the previous owner put in. He had beautiful flower beds all nicely trenched. I filled those trenches in so the yard was easier to mow. Now I have these violets all over the place. They are very invasive; it wouldn't be bad but they die away to nothing and in the spring the areas where they grow are just mud.


Violets

Violets

If you want to see some other flowers hop over to:

Hailey and Zaphod's;

Molly and Mackie's and

Dory's Backyard


I hope to go back to the cemetery this weekend as the tulips should be perfect.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out☺ Our bleeding heart is still blooming away too and we have those violets all over our garden. Mom decided at one point that she needed to remove them because they are so invasive - but she gave up and gave in and now she just leaves them alone and let's them live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I love a bleeding heart, we had one when we lived in the city. Now we don't have many flowers, gardening is not something I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleeding hearts are hard to kill. The City paved over ours in an overzealous repair job and they pushed through the asphalt the following spring unlike my other perennials I lost.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.