Sunday, June 30, 2019

Canada Eh?


Tomorrow is Canada Day and although summer has already officially started, for me this day marks the real beginning of summer.

Here in Ottawa, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the RCMP, put on a Sunset Ceremony at the stables where they train the musical ride. It's always held the last week of June before they start their summer show schedule.

Video of the Sunset Ceremony

Every year the show is a little different but the main part of the show is always the musical ride by the RCMP and the lowering of the flag at sunset.  I really liked the song they had for the first part of the ride so I had to find out what it was; it's by a French Canadian songwriter Patrice Michaud.


I have company arriving today and tomorrow we will go downtown with my sister and brother-in-law to enjoy some of the atmosphere of being in the Nation's capital on Canada Day. We won't try to go up on Parliament Hill as security is too tight and the crowds too big for me. Later we'll go to my other sister's place for a family and friends BBQ.


Beckett and Keltic wish everyone a Happy Canada Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely evening out, watching the practice for the big day. And the song was beautiful, too. Could pick out a few words with my school French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a little like the 4th oh July in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sort of like the 4th of July. It's our Nation's birthday.

      Delete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.