Saturday, December 12, 2020

Oh Christmas Tree!

So earlier this week I got my Christmas Tree and I decorated it yesterday.  Each year when I decorate my tree I think of the many family and friends that I have spent time with over the holidays.  

Each of my dogs has an ornament on the tree. This year, Beckett has an angel on the tree too. A surprise gift from a friend after Beckett had passed. I can tell you I cried when I opened it. It was the first ornament that I put on the tree this year. 


I put my other fur angel ornament up in behind the Beckett angel. If you can't read it; it says "My angel has four legs and fur". 

I had to add two ornaments for the new additions to the pack, Teddy and Liam. I also decided to get one for me, too. I think they'd say it was true, even if I have to say so myself. 

Teddy


Liam

As I said there are many memories on the tree but especially of my mum and dad. There are ornaments that they gave me and ones that I had given to them that now adorn my tree. These two birds were stocking stuffers I gave them one year. Funnily, the red cardinal is the one for Mother with Love and the other bird's tag says to a Special Dad. You'd would have thought that they would have made the male cardinal an ornament to a dad. 


There are many ornaments that are ones my parents gave to me. The little squirrel in the acorn they gave to me after I bought my second house. The Air Force Academy one, they brought back for me from their trip to Western US, including Colorado.  I had drawn a picture of the Academy Chapel shown in the ornament in Grade 7 as part of an assignment in math class. The glass ornament is from a set of four. They bought them for me at the World's Largest Christmas store in Frankenmuth, Michigan. It's getting harder to find nice glass ornaments like them any more. 

New Home

Air Force Acadmeny

Bronner's, Frankenmuth, Mich

I did get one other new ornament this year. This one I bought from Etsy, supporting a local crafter here in Ontario. I think it's very appropriate for 2020. Hope you can read it!

2020 Ornament. 

After all the ornaments are put on the tree, I use Victorian tinsel to fill up bare spaces and add a little bit of glitter to the tree. The final touch is to place my snowmen at the base of the tree. And there you have it, my Christmas tree for 2020 with all it's Christmas Tree treasures and memories! It's beautiful, even in this pandemic year.




3 comments:

  1. It's stunning! I didn't put a tree up this year, we did last year and it was beautiful and fun, but I don't seem to have enough gumption to do it this year. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so beautiful! I love all of your special ornaments. That make Christmas even more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful ornaments Love your tree

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.