Thursday, September 2, 2021

Another RPod Adventure

Last week we went to another of the St Lawrence Parks campgrounds, this time we were at Mille Roches (thousand rocks). It's at the other end of the Long Sault Parkway from the first two we've stayed at. 

My site wasn't the greatest, it was pretty open, next to a maintenance building and right on the road, if I had backed into the site my firepit would have been behind the trailer and so would have the picnic table (but I could have moved that); so I decided to just park the trailer on the site parallel to the road.  That way I had privacy especially with the RDome and my view was of the tree line or some other campsites down the road.



My youngest sister and her husband had the large corner site next to me. It was a decent site even though it was on a corner. It was shaded and had trees that made tarping the firepit easy.  The tarp provides extra shade and protection from any rain. We didn't get any rain this trip but it was stinking hot and humid. My other sister and her husband were across the road just down from me. 

Looking toward J&J's trailer

Looking the other way to M&S's site and the bathhouse.

This campground is on two islands connected by a causeway, we were on the first island, the second island only has unserviced sites and single service 15 amp sites and while it has two washrooms all the showers for the campground were in a building near to where we were camped. 

One day I drove to Cornwall to walk the trail by the old canal.  There was no shade on the canal and no breeze either. I think we might have walked a kilometer before turning around and heading back.





While there wasn't a beach in the campground, many of the unserviced sites are on the water. I walked around the campground to see if any of them had a spot where I could take the dogs swimming and was lucky to find a nice little spot not too far from our campsites that wasn't even a campsite where I could take them.  I took them swimming three times. I'm sure Liam thought I was trying to drown him. The second and third time I took them swimming I took each of them out individually so I could use two hands to help Liam. I would hold the back handle on his lifejacket until he stopped trying to climb out of the water, then I would let him swim back in.  I think he was getting the idea. Teddy actually swims rather well with those skinny legs of his.



We were at the campground from Monday to Friday. There was a forecast for rain for the Wednesday, but every day it kept getting pushed back and we had no rain while we were there. The heat wave finally broke Thursday evening and we were able to pack up on Friday in cooler weather. We again enjoyed some great meals, beautiful sunsets and, while we didn't need them for heat, campfires.




Butter Chicken Pizza



My youngest sister, her husband and I have another camping trip planned for next week. It's to another of the St Lawrence Park campgrounds but this one is not on the parkway. I'm sure it won't be as hot as already you can feel fall in the air. 



3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip and so pretty and we loved watching you swim, Teddy! We are reaching in for a slice of that yummy pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun, even if the site wasn't great. Good that your sister had some shade for all of you to gang out in. It's hard when its so hot. Last year I brought Katie home from our campsite because it was roo hot for her during the day. Picked her back up to spend the nights at our camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to spend time together even if it wasn't the best site.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.