Monday, October 30, 2023

Walktober

On Sunday, we joined a Sheltie Walk organized by local members of the FB group Sheltie Lovers of Ontario. It's the third time that local area Sheltie owners have had a walk, but this was the first time I could join them.

I worried about what Teddy would do as he is reactive to other dogs on our normal walks, but he has been good at agility trials. Well, I needn't have worried he was just fine even with all the over excited young dogs and puppies. 

Liam wasn't the only big Sheltie in the group. There was a blue merle named Wilbur, who I think might have been a bit taller.  Liam and Wilbur had a good game of chase when we let them off leash. 

Since it was so close to Halloween, most dogs had costumes on. I forgot Liam's devil horns, but he fit in well with three bi black Sheltie Draculas. Teddy went as a wizard. 



We did more socializing than we did walking but, in the end, we did walk around the large field at the opening of the park.







It was the largest Sheltie meet up they've had so far with 17 Shelties. Lots of sables, quite a few bi blacks and merles but only one tri colour Sheltie. I hope there's another walk over the winter, perhaps a little closer to home. This was a 50-minute drive to the west end of Ottawa. 

It was fun to meet people and their dogs that you've only seen on Facebook.


4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I took Katie to 2 sheltie gatherings. They were at one of her parks and there were a lot of people and shelties there. But it was in the summer, and she was older and she was not happy. It was too hot and she had reached the age she didn't want dogs sniffing her behind, so she snapped at a few and eventually I got the point and took her home. I think one this time of year makes way more sense. And winter would be perfect! Thank you for participating in our Walktober!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun meet-up and everyDog looks wonderful in his costume! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love doing a Sheltie meet-up, but I'd be afraid my Monk would be a nervous wreck. He's a Pandemic puppy and we're still working on his socialization skills. By the way, I'm visiting from Dawn's Walktober roundup -- nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.