Saturday, May 30, 2020

Virtual Agility


So in these crazy times, all of our agility competitions have been cancelled so the Agility Association of Canada started a virtual Fun At Home Agility League. You just need three jumps and a tunnel, it's supposed to be a 15 ft tunnel but a 10 ft one works too. The space required is 40 ft by 40 ft but you can get by with less. My problem is the slope of my yard and the trees. Every week there are two jumpers courses at each of three different levels. You can buy any or all the courses or you can buy the courses you'd like and judging too.  You submit your videos to a FaceBook group.

Usually I buy the two level 3 courses and judging, this week I bought all the courses but no judging as I'd like to work a bit more with Teddy and it takes up quite a bit of time to walk the courses, then warm up Keltic and have him run the course.  The courses are so nested that I really can only do one a day as otherwise I would get super confused. 

The videos are from the courses from the week before last. Keltic ran well, I didn't. This was a mulligan run after we had already run the course. No handler or dog was hurt in the video.


The next day I let Teddy have a chance on this course before learning the next course.  He did really well considering how little training we've actually done.  Level 3 is approximately Masters level. This week as I said I bought all the courses so I'll see how he does on Level 1 which is closer to Starters.  


Keltic has earned his Level III Novice Jumpers title the week before last. This past week although he was clean he was over time on both of his runs.  This week we'll focus on some training.  

3 comments:

  1. Keltic and Teddy, you both did a fantastic job! We love how you bark, bark, bark almost the whole time, Keltic, and Teddy, you are doing so well! Sorry about the spill, Miss Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Keltic did less barking and more running. 😊😁😉

      Delete
  2. Good work....all of you. You're really getting a workout! Must have been a great smell at that near jump, didn't think Teddy wanted to move. Congrats to the Lad for his Level 1.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.