Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Already

Today, it is already a year since I had to let Beckett go, how time flies even when you're not having fun. I chose the song A Thousand Lovers by Lynn Miles when I did one of his videos and the lyrics "But there's nothing in this world tonight that's going to take away my pain" still are true some nights.  The song that really tears at my heart now though is Joni Mitchell's River; it's one of those songs I'd heard before but never really heard the words. The lyrics "I went and lost the best baby I ever had" and "I made my baby say goodbye" really get to me. I know it was for the best to let him go but it's still so hard that I had to make the decision.


Beckett was my first heart dog, who knows maybe he's the last. I needed him and I believe he needed me. I always felt Beckett looked through me to see my heart and soul. It's not that I don't love the others and that it didn't hurt to lose each one of them but I so miss the connection I had with Beckett. It's not the same right now with the others, Keltic I sometimes don't even like even though he is a character, Teddy still feels a little like someone else's dog and Liam hasn't been with me long enough. 

Agility Trial Champion of Canada

Tucker and Beckett

Ceilidh, Tucker and Beckett

I gots your chin, mums. 



Fall photo shoot with Keltic and Beckett

Last photo together - 17 Dec 2019



We had a wonderful life together with so many memories. He was an awesome agility dog despite my limitations as a handler.  Agility Trial Champion of Canada, Silver Versatility, Silver Award of Merit, Finalist at the Canada Cup, Beckett took me farther in agility than I thought possible. He loved to play with me; wish he was playing with me still. 

2 comments:

  1. It's never easy to let our best friends go. Hugs to you, Miss Helen♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I think Bonnie (prior sheltie) was my heart dog. We didn't do nearly the adventures I've had with Katie, but still, I miss Bonnie's calmness and her love. And there are plenty of days when I don't like Katie, even though I love her. She's stubborn and annoying and full of herself...but I probably contributed to that! :) I am truly sorry about Beckett, I remember when this happened, I was so shocked. I know you were too. I can't believe it's been a year.

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.