Tuesday, December 29, 2020

COVID Christmas

Well, I'm sure Christmas 2020 will be one most of us will remember from all the rest.  We were asked once again to reduce our close contacts but single people were permitted to have close contact with one other household so I'm still bubbling with my sister and brother-in-law.

On Christmas Eve, we made two porch visits to drop off gifts to my nephew and neice and their families. We dropped off gifts at my nephew's place just before lunch. After this visit, I went back to my place to get the shrimp chowder started as I was hosting Christmas Eve dinner for the three of us. My sister and brother-in-law came over later in the afternoon to pick me up to go to my niece's place. There we played a ring toss on the antlers game.  



After playing ring toss, we headed back to my place for shrimp chowder, meat pie with salad and lemon tarts for dessert.  Usually my nephew hosts a big family dinner on Christmas Eve with both sides of the family joining in, so this was a quiet dinner but still nice. This was the first time I've made an Acadian meat pie. It didn't taste like my mum's but it was still good.




Christmas morning at my place was pretty much the same as in other years with the dogs opening their gifts. Only Keltic really gets it; I think Liam might figure it our but all he wanted to do was rip paper. Keltic even managed to get into one of the bags of treats. I noticed before he got too many out. 

Christmas Morning - opening gifts

Then it was off to my sister's place for brunch, presents, virtual gift opening and dinner. Quiet without my sister's children and grandchildren but three dogs helped keep things a little lively. We had a lovely brunch with appetizers, eggs, bacon, cranberry orange bread, coffee and Mimosas. Then we opened our socks. We had decided only to do gifts for the boys this year and just stocking stuffers for the adults but some of the stocking stuffer gifts were pretty extravagant. Then we did a virtual gift opening with my neice and her boys. They had put our gifts aside so we got to watch the boys open them. You can see my great nephew opening one of his gifts at the Baby Yoda link below; I had signed it from the dogs.

Our view

The view on the other side.

Opening Baby Yoda

Dinner was great, even though we had just the three of us, there was enough food for an army; even the dogs got to have some Christmas Dinner.




Since it was a crazy COVID Christmas, my sister had decided we should do Ugly Christmas sweaters so we had to take some pictures with our Ugly Christmas sweaters, masks and silly hats.



The last picture is with the napkins my brother in law had picked out. He hadn't realized, when they were folded, that they were a picture of Santa's underwear; my sister noticed right away.  

The evening ended with taking pictures of Liam by the snowmen where we usually try to get a picture of the grandkids.  

It was a quiet Christmas but we still were very blessed with family and good health.  Let's hope that 2021 will be much better and that we can have our family close once again.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day you all had! Love those hohoho napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were still able to celebrate, just in a different way! Here's to 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smiling as I scroll through your jolly pictures, what a happy family you are, and all making the best of a bad situation.
    Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.