Thursday, February 4, 2021

Winter Walk

Today was a perfect winter day, sunny, no wind and temperatures just above freezing. It's supposed to get really cold in the next couple days and then I hate to even take the dogs for a walk around the park so I decided to get out for a good long walk today.  

We went the Cumberland Heritage Museum. The museum is closed right now but you can walk around the grounds and there are dog-friendly trails in behind the museum.  We did one circuit around the museum grounds then walked part of the Wilson trail. 


As you can see only Liam looks at me when I take a picture. I wonder how long that will last.  I had forgotten to bring any treats so had nothing to get their attention.



I haven't walked any of the trails completely, I don't like to go too far when I'm on my own. Today I was just going to walk around the field where they had groomed the trails but ended up walking along Wilson trail by the creek that runs behind the museum property. 




I think the dogs enjoyed the walk, they learned quickly to stay on the trails or flounder in the snow. There were a few people there already when we arrived, even some with dogs. Luckily all the dogs we met were friendly but only one had a good recall.  I keep all of mine on leash. Next time I go, I should bring the long line with me so Teddy and Liam can run a little bit. 

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful day for a winter walk! Is it hard to keep 3 from getting tangled up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hard to keep the leashes untangled, I have to undo them a couple of times on each walk. If only they all would walk nicely, Teddy likes to forge head, Keltic takes up the rear and Liam bops around.

      Delete
  2. What a fun winter walk and your photos are just gorgeous!
    The weather peeps are calling for rain at our house today to wash away some of my beautiful snow *sniff sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good you took your babies for a walk, but no treats? I'm sure that didn't go over well, but they forgive quickly.

    Beautiful walk.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches and a treat for the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. We just found your blog via Molly the Airedale's blog and your picture of your beautiful doggies. It's very nice to meet you! We hope you'll come visit us at our blog: The Daily Bone. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.