Thursday, September 2, 2010

Family Adventures

Since my Dad was coming up from Moncton New Brunswick for a military reunion, my sister Karen and her youngest daughter Kayla took the opportunity and came up with him for a visit to Ottawa. They arrived on the 17th of Aug about supper time after what my niece called an "uber" boring trip. The 17th of Aug marked the 25th wedding anniversary for my sister Juanita and her husband Joe so after a family dinner out they came over to my place for dessert.

After they opened a few gifts, we all enjoyed cake and coffee.




Karen and Kayla stayed at my place while my Dad stayed over at Juanita and Joe's.





The next day, Karen, Kayla, my niece Jessica and I went down to the Byward Market to do some shopping (mostly just window shopping) but a few purchases were made.



We had lunch at Zak's Diner, home of the best milkshakes in Ottawa, if you ever have a craving for one.

After lunch we headed up to the Rideau Centre so that Kayla could hit all the stores she can't shop at on Prince Edward Island. The store she especially wanted to go to was LuLulemon, where she bought herself a pink hoody sweater.

After some wishful thinking in the Apple store, we headed back to Juanita and Joe's for supper.

On Thursday, my Dad headed down to the Chateau Laurier for his reunion. Karen and I prepared for a BBQ supper as everyone coming over to my place for dinner. My sister Maureen and her daughter Caitlin came up from Kingston. Caitlin was up from New Brunswick along with a friend for a week long visit. It was really nice to have so many of us together. But to Juanita and Joe's surprise, I had invited a few of their friends to join us after supper to celebrate their anniversary.


Juanita almost ruined it by working late so I was beginning to wonder if we'd even finish dinner before the guests began to arrive. All of the food trays that Karen and I prepared during the day were hidden at my neighbour, Julie's place so that no suspicions were aroused.

The evening turned out very well and everyone especially enjoyed the scrapbook Joe's sister Yvette had sent to them as a remembrance of their first 25 years together.

I can't believe I just blogged about something other than my dogs, amazing!! Anyway, stay tuned for Family Adventures Part II and our girls' day out cruising the Ottawa River and trolling the Sparks Street Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.