Saturday, April 25, 2020

Flavourful Friday

So last night we had homemade pizza again except I don't make the dough; I just use a store-bought crust. So really I don't make any of it, just put it all together. That makes having pizza a very quick tasty meal.  This was a pizza like we've never made before. We got the idea from Molly and her Mum and the blog post they did called In Purrsuit of Flavours.

Ours was a little different. I didn't have mozzarella so I used provolone. I also didn't have Parmesan Reggiano but rather I had Pecorino. Pecorino is a hard cheese made from sheep's milk and is saltier than Parmesan Reggiano. The olive oil that I drizzled on my pizza was garlic olive oil.

Ready for the oven

Ready to eat
It was a very good pizza. I think next time I make a pesto pizza, I will add asparagus and black olives, maybe artichoke hearts too. Thanks to Molly and her Mum for the great idea.



5 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! You've made us hungry for pizza again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been making pizza quite a bit. Experimenting with toppings. Maybe I should look for a chicken pizza recipe. Thanks for your idea.

      Delete
  2. It looks delicious - next time let us know and we will pop in for a taste:)

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have you all over for dinner.

      Delete
  3. Ooh my, that looks simply delicious.
    Hope you are staying safe and well !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.