Wednesday, April 8, 2020

First? Third?

Well in these crazy times, I'm trying to have a routine and do normal things, so on Monday, 6 April, which was Teddy's birthday, we had a pawty.  I was going to write about it yesterday but I had a busy day with blood work in the morning and I had to do some essential shopping at the liquor store.  And it was a beautiful day so we went on a couple nice long walks and I got the patio furniture out. Of course, now we are supposed to have some snow tomorrow.

Back to Teddy, he turned three on Monday so it was his third birthday but only his first here with Keltic and me.  Yes, I think he'll be staying. He is very reactive to noise but we're working on that.  Between him and Keltic, it's only when they're sleeping that it's quiet around here. It's not really that bad but sometimes it seems like it, they bark at different things.


For Teddy's birthday I made salmon cookies, on some of them I used chive cream cheese for icing and put carob chips on them for decoration. Teddy got a new toy and some beef tenders for gifts. I'm thinking I'll order him a new collar and some new tags online. Teddy will  inherit some of Beckett's collars for those tags.




Another unique thing about Teddy is that he has dew claws on his back feet. I once read that Shelties have Norwegian Puffin dogs in their ancestry, maybe it's a bit of his heritage showing.

Link to Puffin Dog Information


Happy Barkday, Teddy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Yappy Birthday, Teddy!!
    Here, back dew claws indicate a bit of inbreeding....dogs are lovely, they just the claws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be that too. Teddy was purchased by his first owner at a pet store. I wouldn't be surprised if he came from a puppy mill.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you, Teddy. What a great party you had! We hope it is only the "first third" of many to come.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Teddy! Your salmon cookies sure do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do some essential shopping in the liquor store! :) Happy birthday Teddy!!! You're going to LOVE living there! So many great adventures coming up for you and your new brother! Oh..and your mom too!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.