Sunday, April 7, 2024

Seventh Heaven

Teddy turned seven years old yesterday. He's now been with me longer than anyone else. For those who don't know, Teddy belonged to a friend's cousin but sadly there was allergy issues, so he moved around to various family members. He was living with my friends when I lost Beckett, and they contacted me to see if I would take Teddy. At first, I said no, but about a month later, I changed my mind. Teddy came on a trial on 9 Mar 2020 and then COVID lockdowns hit, and Teddy stayed. He probably would have anyway. We celebrated his third birthday in lockdown. 

I made peanutbutter oat cakes for Teddy's birthday. The batter for this recipe is very dry so the cakes crumbled quite a bit. If I was to make them again, I would add yogurt to the batter to moisten it up. The cakes are topped with yogurt and bacon.



Of course, Teddy also got presents for his birthday. I had to go up to the pet store for wet dog food and one of Teddy's favourite things was on sale. 

We did the table pictures first, then Teddy and Liam each got a pupcake. Afterwards, Teddy got to open his gifts.



Teddy was pretty cooperative about looking at the camera, so I didn't have a whole bunch of outtakes. 



Then it was time to try out the favourite toy, a big Chuckit ball. Teddy came with a smaller one of these balls and he loves them. And of course, Liam loves it too. 






I think Teddy had a good birthday. I hope he thinks he's in seventh heaven. I always wonder if he misses his people. Happy Birthday Teddy, here's to many more.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Happy belated birthday, Teddy! I'm pretty sure you're living the good life, and wouldn't want to go back if you could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Teddy! Your pupcakes look delicious and you and Liam are so well behaved sitting at the table. You got great toys with a nice sunny day for outside play!

    ReplyDelete

We love to get your comments on our activities. Please drop us a line.